Friday, April 13, 2007

Wii: Blazing Angels: Squadrons of World War II

I like games that let you play at doing things you've always thought about but would simply never be able to do in real life. This is one of those games. I'll never be a World War II fighter pilot (or so I assume), and getting a chance to sample that experience without all the icky noise and blood and danger and death -- you know, without all the reality -- was terrific. For me personally, this game was worth the purchase price for the "Battle of Britain" scenario alone: chasing a Messerschmitt squadron through the Tower Bridge? Awesome!

But I wouldn't expect most people to feel that way. For most people, this game would be a rental at best. It was repetitive and uninspired, and the Ice Canyon segment in particular was needlessly frustrating. If it hadn't spoken to my particular daydreams, I'd have quit well before finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment